Women in Ekiti State have been re-assured of the commitment of Governor Kayode Fayemi administration to put in place policies and programmes that would improve their lot in line with the 8-point agenda of the government.
Deputy Governor, Mrs Funmi Olayinka, who gave the assurance at a forum in Ado Ekiti noted that no administration, since the creation of Ekiti State more than fifteen years ago, has given political appointment to women as the present administration.
She commended women in Ekiti for their support for Governor Fayemi’s government and assured them that herself and other women that had been appointed into political offices would continue to seek political and economic emancipation of Ekiti women.
Mrs. Olayinka said plans were underway to assist rural women who engaged in local trade and art crafts such as mat weaving, pot making and cloth weaving while young women would be encouraged to learn such trades instead of roaming.
The Deputy Governor said Governor Fayemi’s administration gave special consideration to the girl-child education and would not be pleased with parents who refused to send their children particularly, females to school. She noted that education was free in Primary and Secondary Schools in Ekiti State.
Mrs. Olayinka urged Ekiti women to talk to her or other women holding political offices to about their problems saying they are in government to represent the interest of women.
- EKSG PROMISES TO IMPROVE WOMEN’S LOT
- EKSG says Jonathan was misquotedd
- RAINSTORM DESTROYS HOUSES IN IPAO-EKITI
- PDP LAWMAKER DEFECTS TO ACN IN EKITI OVER ALLEGED FRAUDULENT PRIMARIES
- FAYEMI CANVASSES FCMB’S SUPPORT FOR EKITI ECONOMY
- EKSG Denies Blackmailing Oni
- EKITI D-GOV CHARGES YOUTHS ON YORUBA CULTURE
- RELIEF FOR EKITI COMMUNITIES AS FAYEMI INAUGURATES 100 TRANSFORMERS …SIGNS EIGHT BILLS INTO LAW
- FAYEMI FORWARDS FREEDOM OF INFORMATION BILL TO EKITI ASSEMBLY …TO CONSTRUCT A RING ROAD IN ADO-EKITI
- ‘DON’T DESTABILIZE EKITI OVER SENATORIAL PRIMARIES,’ GROUP TELLS BAMIDELE